From your hosts of this day of encouragement, we simply want to say THANK YOU.
To the amazing kids and families who have shared a piece of their story with us today: we pray that you felt: Seen. Encouraged. Loved. Remembered. We know how hard and long the journey feels. You are not alone. We hope in this crazy day you found reasons to SMILE! The JOY is our why!
To those who showed up as an encourager we thank you from the bottom of our hearts!
It seems like such a little thing, eating ice cream for breakfast. Clicking on a like or love button. Posting a photo. On the surface it can feel silly and superficial; but I promise you that to the families you supported today… it didn’t feel that way. Actions don’t have to be something grand to make a difference in their world. They just need to know they are not forgotten. Small acts done with great love matter to them. A card in the mail, A message or text. An unexpected hug. Chocolates left on a doorstep. A shoveled walk. A hot meal. A funny joke. A shared song.
To those who go above and beyond… you are our heroes. Children’s Oncology Programs, Doctors, Nurses, CNA’s, Child Life Specialists, Social Workers, PT, OT, Wish Organizations, Childhood Cancer Foundations, Childhood Cancer Researchers, Childhood Cancer Support Groups, Awareness Groups, and individuals who volunteer their time, talents and treasures in support. Your knowledge, passion, purpose and care is so needed! God bless you all as you press in and press on to improve outcomes and experiences for these little warriors.
Finally, Happy 21st birthday, Malia. Thank you for teaching us to find JOY in all things! Hugs from us to you in heaven.
- Everyone is invited to join us ONLINE on our FACEBOOK PAGE for updates throughout Feb 17 + 18th (timezones are fun)! Eat your ice cream, share a picture and stick around to encourage childhood cancer kids and their families!
Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream, with five locations in Orlando, OVIEDO and WINDERMERE Florida has created some amazing ice cream flavors in honor of Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast day with 50% of each pint going to benefit Give Kids The World, an amazing organization in central Florida, USA.
- A Virtual event by The Microvolunteering Collective out of New Zealand is hosting an live event learning about childhood cancer, featuring our own Annette Peterson (Malia’s Mom). They will also be creating Love Letters for kids (a letter placard which child cancer patients and other children in hospital can use to brighten the walls of their room).
- Relay For Life of Tacoma and the American Cancer Society are hosting an in person event in Tacoma, Washington on February 19! With 50% of all sales 9AM-Noon going back to Relay For Life of Tacoma and the American Cancer Society!
- Do you know of another in person or virtual event?! Let us know!
News Coverage + Articles
- Will update as they happen.
- Did you see a story we don’t have listed yet? Let us know!
2022 Featured Kids!
This year our featured kids hail from three different nations, Canada, New Zealand and Australia!